Thursday 18 June 2009

Greece ( May 2009 )





I have been to almost 20 countries . Wait.I am not boasting but of all the countries I have visited in the last two years, I liked Greece the most . I am not talking about the countries I lived in .

Greece is very similar to India . Very similar . Take a look at picture no 3. I am sure I can show you places like that in India .

In Greece in general , people are friendly like us Indians and the situation on the roads can be as chaotic as on the roads in India .

There are many places in Greece that have Indian toilets in public places instead of Western toilets . There was an outbreak of some disease long back in Greece which spread through soiled Western toilet seats and hence the change .

However, in many public places, there are Western toilets without seat covers. How are people supposed to use them ? There are many people who look like Indians there . Must be the sun or something . If you intend to leave a tip for a waiter , make sure you leave the money behind like in India

Greece is one of the European countries where you still have people to fill your petrol tank for you just as it is in India . You can never see this in Germany

Greece depends a lot on tourism and some of its Islands are really cool . I was on Hydra Island during my visit in May . Not the best Island but it is more of an island for families. Technically , no vehicles are allowed and you can ride on donkeys to get from point A to point B or you can walk . And yes, Indians can get tanned too . he he . The water is crystal clear there . Notice the green tinge .

Italy has a lot of similarities with India too but maybe I will post on that later

In fact , I noticed that I get along very well with the Greeks and Italians . My best friends at work are two Greeks …Do all Indians get along with the Greeks and the Italians .I do not know but I think not .

2 comments:

KrishnaVishnuHari said...

I very well get along with Italians...Mi fratellos...lol

about the greeks...I am yet to meet them....the only one I met was a waitress in a greek restaurant in Helsinki....:-)

M said...

You lady magnet ....

But , all this will come to an end soon once you get married ..