Thursday 25 June 2009

Berlin U-bahn

Berlin is a big city and considered to be one of the best cities in Europe in terms of what you can do for fun.

You can come across a lot of people ( really diverse ) just by travelling by one of the umpteen U bahn trains or whatever you can call them . Now , U bahn means underground train .

One can learn a lot about people here by just observing people while you are on one of those trains . For instance, there was this black man or rather a mulatto listening to music and throwing his hands in the air as if he was beating on drums . Was he really enjoying the music he was listening to so much that he was oblivious to people around him or is he one of those show offs who want to get the attention of people ?

At another end , there were young girls ( Can I call them prepubescent? ) whose actions suggested that they were in their mid 20’s . One girl was making a lot of gestures while on the train apparently to one of her friends who was on one of the platforms . She was frantically making some hand gestures and there was this man who looked like he was a paedophile. He was staring at her so blatantly that I wondered if the girl noticed. Don’t get me wrong . I am not saying that he was a paedophile for sure . But , the way he looked at her made me feel that he was one . I was observing this man . Was anyone observing me ? I am not sure but I had like to believe that I am very subtle when it comes to staring at people or rather observing people. Oh then , you have the Turkish boys ( young ones at that ) and some German young girls who don’t think music has to be only heard by them . They think they should make everyone else on the train hear it too . : )

If we like it , so should the others …….

Last but not the least, there are the grumpy old women and men who give you stares that make you think they are racists but in reality they are not .
Strange how you can see a lot in just a ten minutes ride from point A to point B but this is Berlin , a city that most Germans consider to be another country .

In short , all I can say is Dolce Vita

2 comments:

Rider on the storm said...

hey very true indeed...berlin s a great city.

M said...

aha , so you have been checking out my blog